BlueScope Buildings Privacy Notice for California Residents
Last Modified: December 31, 2019
Last Reviewed on: December 31, 2019
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in BlueScope Buildings North America’s general privacy notice available at https://bluescopebuildings.com/privacy-policy/ and applies solely to Website visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
If you have a disability that limits your ability to access this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com to receive information on alternative formats.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT, FROM WHOM WE COLLECT IT, HOW/WHY WE USE IT, AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE IT
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). We collect and use personal information for business purposes. The following table sets forth the categories of personal information the Website has collected from consumers within the last 12 months, along with the business or commercial purpose for collection and use, the categories of sources for the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information:
|Category||Examples||Business or Commercial Purpose for Which It Will Be Used||Categories of Sources from Which the Information Was Collected||Categories of Third Parties with Whom the Personal Information Is Shared|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||
|Internet or other similar network activity.||
|Professional or employment-related information.||
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act or clinical trial data; or
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
As noted in the above table, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for a business purpose. When appropriate, we enter into contracts with third parties that describe the purpose of the disclosure and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold personal information. Except in the case of transactions or bankruptcy proceedings (as described more fully in our https://bluescopebuildings.com/privacy-policy/, we will not sell your personal information without providing you with an opportunity to opt-out of such sales.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise them.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (the process for submitting “verifiable consumer requests” is addressed below), we will—to the extent possible and permitted by law—disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete—and direct our service providers to delete—your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good, service, or information that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 816-968-3000
- Submitting a request through the following webform: https://bluescopebuildings.com/contact-us/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We do, however, consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information – and you may make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability only twice within a 12-month period.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. To verify your identity or authority, we will use information from your online account – such as account number and email address.
Regardless of how you submit your request, we will use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request only to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will use reasonable efforts to initially respond to a verifiable consumer request within 10 days of its receipt – with a substantive response within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time (not to exceed 90 days from receipt), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period before the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will provide your personal information in a format that is commercially reasonable and should allow you to transmit the information to another entity.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value to us and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated Notice on the Website and update the notice’s “Last Modified” date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please contact us at:
BlueScope Buildings North America
1540 Genessee St
Kansas City, MO 64102